Got a site online? and want to make it really SEO Friendly?
Here is a checklist that you need to consider before you put your site live.
- Find keywords and phrases, and try to include them in the
- Make sure the keywords and phrases occur in the page, But need not overdo its occurance
- Use meta tags, to define keywords and description
- Use keywords and phrases in heading elements like
h1, h2, ..
- Try structuring the content, using heading elements instead of changing font-sizes and colors, they can also be applied to headings
- Do not keep a splash page, I hate it, so do Search Engines
- The URL should ideally contain keywords related to that page, Apache URL Rewriting
- Avoid GET parameters to change content of page
- Adhering to semantic content, All menu links should ideally go into a list using
- Avoid writing CSS inline, keep them in files and call using
link href="style.css" ...tag
- Use semantic markup like
emtags for italics and
strongfor bold text.
- Try placing the actual content of the page at the begining…, Use CSS to change its position
- The image tags should ideally have
altattribute that defines the image, inclusion of keywords in it will be helpful
- The image filename should ideally describe the image