Compare Yahoo and Google Search Results
Yahoo Google Image Comparision
Check for Britney Spears
Check into my guest book and leave me a note.
Click the “add new comment” link below to make an entry
If you want to know more about me… Home
PS: There is no point in spamming, it’l be moderated.
Welcome to the world of skinning for the greatest mp3 software of all the ages.!!
It is none other than W I N A M P
Here are the steps for the skinning
- The first step is to check if you have the following files and the softwares
- Winamp (obviously, to test your skin)
- The winamp base skin.Download it here
- There is a skinner atlas, which I have not made.. but It is very useful for those who are skinning for the first time.Skinner Atlas [Download!]
- Adobe photshop or other image editing software. I recomend Adobe or Corel will do. Paintbrush sorry! A low-level software.
- I recommend that you should now the usage of such softwares, usage of effects, layers, masks, etc.
- A skinning software shareware should do, It would definately speed up the work.
- An icon editor (eg. Microangelo, you can download from Download.com), If you want to make cool cursors and get a Five rating on the Winamp.com
- The next step is to know what the files in the winamp base
skin mean. Here is the meaning of the following files. I have included
only the .bmp for the cursors, MAIL ME.
- avs.bmp: the skin for the visualization(avs) window.
- balance.bmp: the skin for the balance(speaker) block.
- cbuttons.bmp: The buttons of the main window.
- eq_ex.bmp: equalizer title skin in windows shade mode.
- eqmain.bmp: The main skin for the equalizer.
- main.bmp: The main skin for the main window.
- mb.bmp: The winamp browser window skin.
- monoster.bmp: The skin for the mono and stereo part.
- numbers.bmp: The numbers used.
- playpaus.bmp: The play and pause skin of the main window.
- pledit.bmp: The main skin for the playlist.
- posbar.bmp: The position bar of the volume.
- shufrep.bmp: The skin for the shuffle and repeat buttons.
- text.bmp: The text used in winamp.
- titlebar.bmp: Title bars of main, equalizer and playlist window.
- volume.bmp: The skin for the volume part.
- pledit.txt: The color settings for the playlist
- viscolor.txt: The color settings for the visualization
- The next thing is to edit the main window (main.bmp). To do
this open the main.bmp of the original skin in the Adobe Photoshop
(AP), and create a new layer on it. And paste the image to skined on
the new layer. Move the new layer so that the main part of the image is
on the right side. and then make necessary additions to the layer (eg.
effects etc.) and make the original layer transpernt by clicking on the
eye part of the layer window. And then save the file as main.bmp in
some folder (make a different folder for the skin). I also suggest that
you save the MAIN file in the photoshop (.psd) or corel (.cpt) format
as well for the further corrections (This is sure must if you are not
Justin Frankel(Winamp developer).
- Make the other files in a similar fashion using the layers and
overlaying them is the best technique, atleast I think that. Please be
patient as it is very difficult to understand and proceed if you are a
- The skinning of the volume.bmp, balance.bmp, posbar.bmp,
shufrep.bmp, text.bmp and numbers.bmp is pretty difficult. I agree 🙁
. I recommend you download some skinner and it should help you with
this for the main window skinning.
- Next comes the editing of the text files. The pledit.txt
contains the headings and the color used for that settings. The
viscolor.txt gives all the colors to the visulaization.
- If you are really a freak, you can use the software like microangelo to change the cursors as well.
- The last step is to publish the skin at the winamp.com.
BEST OF LUCK AND HAPPY SKINNING
See how I made these skins, Winamp Skin Tutorial
Hi this is Ruturaj Vartak, I am from Mumbai, India.
My Site was recently one of the most popular sites on http://tripod.lycos.co.uk
I am a hard core fan of football (Soccer). English premiership is my choice of the leauge.
I am a cricket fan as well, India 99% of the population plays cricket. I used to play cricket for my school.
Michael Shumacher, The no. 1 formula driver is my choice in the fast racing world of the Formula one.
Teams and Players that I support
MANCHESTER UNITED, no other team is closer to me than this one. An absolute winner it is.
Steffi Graf, The queen of the court, The no. 1 tennis player that I
used to support. Now although she is retired, I still adore her game.
Patrick Rafter, Martina Hingis, Barbara Schett, Jelena Dokic,
Mirijana Lucic, Daniela Hantukova, Jennifer Capriati are some other
Tennis players on my list.
David Beckham, Roy Keane, Ryan Giggs, Paul Scholes, Luis Figo,
Roberto Carlos, Paulo Maldini, Ivan Zamarano, Raúl, Rivaldo, Jaap Stam,
Marc Overmars, Dennis Bergkamp, and the list goes on ……….
Computer Games !!
computer games than those of football change my mind into an arena.
Obviously the league leaders EA Sports excell in this section, The
games FIFA 99, FIFA 2001 are just as close to the real thing.
I have kept some of the some small downloads section on my page from where you can download some neat bytes.
Other games like Need for Speed, SuperBike also are close to my choice.
Image Editing: Adobe Photoshop, Corel.
Web Desining: Net Objects, Macromedia Dreamweaver.
Utility (Imaging): IrfanView (The best I have ever seen)
Icon and cursor editors: Microangelo.
Office softwares: Practically there is only one choice in the world, Microsoft Office.
MP3 player: Winamp (Obviously, none other than that.)
FTP: Cute FTP
Compression Utility: Winzip
I suppose that was a pretty long introduction.